The centre has supervised 20 Ph.D.'s since 2002 receiving altogether best national thesis awards twice in Computer Science as well as twice in Mathematics.
- The members of the centre have published since 2008
- Over 120 articles in peer reviewed journals,
- over 60 articles in refereed conferences,
- and since 2002 40 articles in top 4 % journals (according to Finnish Publication Forum classification),
- ? books and ? special issues of journals.
- The center has organized major international conferences:
- WORDS conference in Turku in 2003 and again in 2013
- International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming in Turku in 2004
- Logic in Computer Science in Turku in 2004
- Developments in Language Theory in Turku in 2007
- Symposium in Unconventional Computing in Turku in 2011
- RuFiDim in Turku in 2012
- Gödel award committee in 2004 was chaired from the centre.
- Steering committees of the following conferences are chaired from the centre
- IFIP Working Group 1.5: Cellular Automata and Discrete Complex Systems
- The members of the centre are in ? editorial boards of international journals, see the list.
- Two of the professors are members of Finnish Academy of Science and one that of Academia Europaea.
- The centre organized the national thematic year "Algorithmic and Discrete Mathematics" in 2006–2007, including workshops on the Fibonacci word and on Algorithms on Words.
- A FiDiPro program was granted to the centre for 2010–2015.
- The centre got excellent evaluations in the last national Centre of Excellence competitions being the only unit coordinated from the university of Turku in the second round.
Last modified: Tuesday October 07, 2014